Date worked: Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Tags: Archived,HTML,CSS,Sass,Responsive,jQuery,Contract,Custom CMS,Photoshop
Website link: Matches Fashion: Women's Inspire
- Multi-customised carousels
- Cross browser (IE7+) compatible
- Semantic code and commented for future developer
- Sprites for icons
- PSD to HTML conversion
More information: Working directly with Matches Fashion I was initially tasked to do a general code tidy
- Taking over form the last developer and fixing any ongoing issues. I then continued to work take ownership of a new feature called “Inspire”. I carried out the following:
- Manipulated WordPress RSS feeds to display within the new website using the Google Feeds and Isotope jQuery plugins.
- Taking ownership of a new online feature called “inspire”. Providing advice and solutions to elements the creative team had requested.
- Manipulated the old homepages in to their new design whilst cleaning code and implementing their new CMS.
- Ensured the new design was cross browser compliant and placing fall backs where needed (e.g: Internet Explorer 6)
- Tweaking their mobile website to display elements correctly (jQuery touch)
- Creating and updating e-mail newsletters
- Tidied up and fixed WordPress issue; introducing a dynamic header that loaded depending on where you left the main website from.
- All code was documented and commented for future developers.
- Assisted the current developer with new CSS and HTML techniques; moving them away from old tabular developing.